SCHOOLS AND GROUPS
Schools/Nurseries and Educational Visits to the Animal Farm
Every school visit will vary slightly according to the topics being covered, but the basic routine is as follows:
- Upon arriving at the farm you may park in our carpark.
- You will then be escorted through to the farm entrance, where you may leave your packed lunches, coats and other personal belongings in the covered area.
- Your group will then be divided in to two or three smaller groups and each group will be taken to a different area of the farm by a member of our staff.
- The children will then receive an educational tour of both the large and small animal areas, and have the opportunity to handle, feed and interact with our wide range of farm animal.
- Our staff will deliver the tour at an appropriate level for your children, and will be happy to include any relevant topics that you are covering in the classroom. Your staff and children will be encouraged to ask and answer questions during this time.
- We have a play area on site at the farm that the children may use at your discretion.
We are able to take groups of up to 50 children at any one time. A group of up to 40 children will be charged at £180. Each extra child up to the maximum of 50 will be charged at an additional £4.50 per child. Groups of 51 or more children must be split in to two visits, charged as above.
Our morning visits run from 10am until 12pm, and our afternoon visits run from 12.30pm until 2.30pm. We have a patio area where children are more than welcome to sit and each their lunch. If you require this facility you must specify this when booking, as it may have been booked by another visiting school.
No bookings are taken over email, please contact the office
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact Becki on 0161 480 1645.